Farhad Hosseinzadeh Lotfi
- Assistant Professor, 2000.
- Associated Professor, 2005.
- Professor, 2009.
Department of Mathematics - Faculty of Science, Islamic Azad University, Research & Science Branch, Hesarak, Poonak, Tehran, I. R. IRAN
- (+98)(21) 44804190 (work)
- (+98)(21) 77557873 (home)
- (98)(912) 3034649(mobile)
Electronic mail (internet):
Date and Place of Birth:
May 1967, Babol
Married, with one children
- B. Sc., Mathematics, University of Yazd, 1992?
- M. Sc., Applied Mathematics (O. R.) Islamic Azad University of Lahijan 1996
- Ph. D., Applied Mathematics (O. R.), Science & Research Branch , Islamic Azad University, - Tehran 2000.
Professor and Chair (2010 - present) The University of Iowa Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Professor (1995 - 2010) The University of Iowa Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Professor and Chair (1988 - 1995) The University of Iowa Department of Industrial Engineering, Associate Professor (1985 - 1988) University of Manitoba Department of Mechanical Engineering, Assistant Professor (1982 - 1985) Technical University of Nova Scotia Department of Industrial Engineering.
Professor of Management Science
Department of Information and Service Economy
Aalto University School of Business
With Aalto BIZ: since August 1988-
Spouse: Professor Hannele Wallenius, Aalto University, School of Science
Education: B.Sc. (with honours) (1970), MSc (1971), PhD (1975) Helsinki School of Economics (Doctoral dissertation: “Interactive Multiple Criteria Decision Methods: An Investigation and An Approach”, HSE Series A: 14)
1979‑1988: Associate Professor of Management (tenured position), University of Jyväskylä, 1982‑1983 Chairman of the Department of Economics and Management, University of Jyväskylä
1981: Docent, Vaasa School of Economics
1989-1996: Professor of Management, Basic Research Institute, HSE
1993-1995: Director, Basic Research Institute & Doctoral Program Director, HSE
1996-1998: Founding Director and Professor, Center for Innovative Education, HSE
1998-2005: Director and Professor, International Center, HSE (MBA Programs)
2006- Professor, Department of Business Technology, HSE
2008-2010: Department Head, Department of Business Technology, HSE
2011: Dean, Aalto University School of Economics
2012- Department Head, Department of Information and Service Economy
1. S.A. Cockerill, Seraing, Belgium
2. N.V. Philips, Eindhoven, the Netherlands
3. Helsinki Research Institute for Business Economics
4. Confederation of Finnish Industries
5. NumPlan Ltd: A Board Member (software company)
6. NegotiAuction (software company)
1. Editorial Board Member, European Journal of Operational Research, 1981–1998, 2005 - ; Editor-in-Chief: 1999-2004 (outgoing editor 1.1.-30.6.2005
2. Editorial Board Member of 4 international journals
3. Referee to 15 international journals.
4. Member of the Organizing Committee of various meetings, track/cluster chairman for the stream of sessions on Multiple Criteria Decision Making in various conferences.
5. Promotion and Tenure Reviewer of 12 scholars
6. Outside examiner on six doctoral dissertations.
7. Coordinator of the HSE Visiting Scholar Program: 1990-1995.
8. Founding member: European Decision Science Institute (EDSI) and INFORMS Section on MCDM (2010)
9. International Society on Multiple Criteria Decision Making, Member of the International Executive Committee (1990-1994, 1998- ). President Elect 2005-2008, President 2008-2011, Past President 2011-
10. Vice President, INFORMS Section on MCDM, 2011; President, INFORMS Section on MCDM, 2012
11. Track chair & tutorial speaker, INFORMS Phoenix, 2012
12. Guest editor, special issue on Multiple Criteria Decision Support, International Journal of Information Technology and Decision Making (with P. Korhonen)
13. Recent keynote addresses: EMO Conference, Ouro Preto, Brazil, April 2011; HICSS, Maui, January 2012; Learning in Multi-Objective Optimization, Dagstuhl, January 2012
Academic Experience Abroad:
PhD student: European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management, Brussels (1972-1975)
Visiting Scholar: Stockholm School of Economics (Spring 1976), Universite Paris IX Dauphine (August-September, 1977), Fernuniversität, Germany (June 1983), New Mexico State University (summer 1992, June 1994)
Participated in a joint research program between the Academy of Finland and the International Research Institute of Management Sciences (MNIIPU), Moscow, 1981-1990
Visiting Professor: Purdue University, Krannert Graduate School of Management (1979-1980), Arizona State University (1984-1986, summer 1987, spring semester 2002, spring semester 2006), Texas A & M University (1991-1992)
Member of the Steering Committee of the DAS Project, IIASA, Austria, 1997-1998
Has authored or coauthored about 100 publications, of which 80 are listed in ISI dealing with Multiple Criteria Decision Making, decision theory, decision support, negotiations, and e-auctions (including Management Science, Operations Research, Mathematical Programming, EJOR, Naval Research Logistics, Decision Support Systems, Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, etc.).
Has edited three books and two journal special issues. Author of a book by World Scientific “Multiple Criteria Decision Making: From Early History to the 21st Century”, 2011 (with M. Köksalan and S. Zionts).
- International Society on Multiple Criteria Decision Making (Past President)
- The Finnish Association of University Professors
- Finnish Academy of Science and Letters
- INFORMS (formerly TIMS, ORSA)
- Finnish Operations Research Society
The Edgeworth-Pareto Award, Int. Society of Multiple Criteria Decision Making, 1994
- Honorable Mention in the SEFE Educational Innovation Contest, 1997 (ITP-program)
- Bronze Medal, Helsinki School of Economics, 1999
- Jaakko Honko medal, Yrjö Jahnsson Foundation and HSE, February 2005
- Huugo Raninen medal, Kauppatieteellinen yhdistys, 2006
- 1 lk ritarimerkki, Valkoisen Ruusun Ritarikunta
- Best paper award (Semantic aspects in data mining) in IEEE Int. Conference on Data Mining , 2010 (Malo, Siitari, Ahlgren, Korhonen, Wallenius)
- Erdös number 2 (co-author with Paul Erdös’ coauthor)
- According to the Mathematics Geneaology: Jyrki Wallenius’ PhD advisor was Stanley Zionts, his advisor G. Thompson … R. Thrall …H. Brahana … O. Veblen …E.H. Moore … H.A. Newton … M. Chasles … S. Poisson … J. Lagrange … L. Euler … J. Bernoulli
Most Cited Papers (ISI):
1,770 ISI citations to his publications.
“An Interactive Programming Method for Solving the Multiple Criteria Problem”, Management Science, 1976: 320 citations (with S. Zionts)
“Multiple Criteria Decision Making/Multiattribute Utility Theory”, Management Science 1992: 170 citations (with J. Dyer, P. Fishburn, R. Steuer, S. Zionts)
“An Interactive Multiple Objective Linear Programming Method …”, Management Science 1983: 157 citations (with S. Zionts)
“Comparative Evaluation of Some Interactive …”, Management Science 1975: 113 citations
“Pareto Race”, Naval Research Logistics 1988: 91 citations (with P. Korhonen)
“Solving the Discrete Multiple Criteria Problem Using Convex Cones”, Management Science 1984: 90 citations (with P. Korhonen, S. Zionts)
He is the IFSA Fellow, the Distinguished Young Scholar of NSFC, and the Chang Jiang Scholar of the Ministry of Education of China. He has been selected as Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researchers and included in The World's Most Influential Scientific Minds 2014-2016; Most Cited Chinese Researchers (Ranked first in Computer Science, 2014-2016). His papers have been cited over 34500 times, and his H-index is 100.
Name in full: RAVIPUDI VENKATA RAO
Address for communication:
Dr. R. VENKATA RAO
Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat
(An Institute of National importance of Government of India)
Ichchhanath, Surat, Gujarat State – 395 007, India
Contact Nos.:02612201982(O), 02612201661(R), 9925207027(M)
Areas of Research: Mech. Engg. (Application of advanced optimization techniques to the research problems of design, thermal, manufacturing and industrial engineering)
Google Scholar: h-index=39; No. of citations:6549
Scopus: h-index=30; No. of citations:3486
1. Institution of Engineers (India), Kolkata’s M.P.Baya “National Award” for Advancement of Technology in Mechanical Engineering for the year 2014.
2. Elsevier’s Computer-Aided Design Journal’s “Most Cited Award for 2013 and 2014”.
3. “Fellowship” Award of the Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering (IIIE), Navi Mumbai (October 31, 2012).
4. “Lifetime Achievement Award” declared by the Organizers of the International Conference on Agile Manufacturing during 16-19 December 2012 conducted by the Dept. of Mech. Engg. of IIT (BHU) Varanasi.
5. Received “Best Research Paper Award” of Indian Society for Non-Destructive Testing (ISNT) Journal, India for 2010. 6. Received the “Meritorious Award” from The International Institute for Advanced Studies in Systems Research (IIAS) Canada in 2008 for innovative research work.
7. Received ‘Best Research Paper Award’ of Indian Instution for Industrial Engineering (IIIE) Journal, India for 2006.
8. Received ISTE-New Delhi National Award for the year 2001 for "Best Research Work Done".
9. Received Gold Medal for B. Tech.Studies in 1988.
10. Topped throughout the academic career during studies and received merit scholarships by the State Govt. of A. P., India.
11. Deputed four times as a Visiting Professor by Ministry of Human Resource development (MHRD), New Delhi (India) to teach at ASIAN Institute of Technology (AIT) Bangkok, Thailand each time for 16 weeks (January 2018 to May 2018, January 2015 to May 2015, August 2010 to December 2010 and January 2008 to May 2008).
12. Invited to PolitechnikaKrakowska, Institute of Thermal Power Engineering, Poland to deliver a series of seminars on advanced engineering techniques for computational heat and mass transfer, 10-22 January 2016 and 31st October to 13th November 2016.
13. Invited to BITS pilani, Dubai Campus (UAE) to deliver a series of lectures during June – December 2017.
14. Selected as a Visiting Professor by Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) New Delhi for the academic year 2007-2008 to visit any technical institution in India to deliver lectures.
15. Included in the Panel of Expert Members, National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of Government of India, New Delhi.
16. Included in the Panel of Expert Members, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) of Government of India, New Delhi.
17. Included as an expert in the Selection Boards of many private and deemed universities of India.
18. Received international travel grants from government agencies like All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Department of Science and Technology (DST) and Indian National Science Academy (INSA) of India.
19. Selected and deputed by Government of India to Nanyang Technological University, Singapore during 7-13 October 2008 , SIVAT, Seoul of South
Korea during 7-15 September 2009 and Institute of Technical Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Singapore during 7-11 March 2011 as representative from India to participate in the technical education training programs organized by CPSC Manila.
20. Serving the Editorial Boards of many international journals.
Total Number of Research Publications: 328
International Journals : 122
National Journals : 30
International Conferences : 132
National Conferences : 44
No. of books published by Springer Science+Business Media: 05
No. of books going to be published by Springer Nature, Switzerland: 01
No. of book chapters: 06
No. of books published by Indian publishers: 03
Esmail Najafi is an Assistant Professor of Industrial Engineering Department at the Islamic Azad University, Science and Research Branch in Tehran, Iran. He received his B.A. in Power and Water University of Technology (PWUT), his M.S. in Islamic Azad University. and his Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering from Science and Research Branch in Tehran, Iran. His research interests decision making, Data Envelopment Analysis, Engineering management and strategic management . His published research articles appear in journal or intelligent and fuzzy system, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, international journal of data envelopment analysis.
Jennifer Shang was a research fellow at The Advanced Manufacturing Program in The IC2 Institute at Austin, Texas, and was a Lilly Endowment Teaching Fellow. In the MBA program, she teaches Statistics, Production Management and Process Improvement, and Simulation. In addition, she teaches the undergraduate Operations Management and Global Supply Chain Management, and courses at the EMBA, IEMBA, and PhD levels as well.
Shang's current research emphasizes three areas: (1) The design, planning, scheduling, and control of operational systems in manufacturing and service organizations. She develops theoretical and heuristic approaches to improve the productivity and quality of business process flows. (2) Design and evaluation of integrated information/operational systems. Given the importance of technology, she emphasizes the innovative use of information technology in the value chain management. (3) Multi-criteria decision making. She uses Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) to measure the relative efficiency of operating units. She also applies Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) and Analytic Network Process methods to make decisions in complicated environments.
• Full Professor • University of Niš, Faculty of Sciences and Mathematics, Departments of Mathematics and Computer Science • Niš, Serbia
• Thirty four years of experience in scientific research in diverse fields of mathematics and computer science, which span multiple branches of Numerical linear algebra, recurrent neural networks, linear algebra, symbolic computation, nonlinear optimization and others.
•225 publications, including 4 research monographs, 5 text-books, and 216 peer-reviewed research articles published in scientific journals, conference proceedings, and book chapters
Associate professor of Applied Mathematics
Faculty of Mathematical Sciences
Department of Applied Mathematics
Augusto Bianchini, since March 2011, is Professor Associate in Industrial Plants at Department of Industrial Engineering of the University of Bologna (Italy). Today he is responsible of the courses of Industrial Plants and Industrial Automation in the Course of Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
He is discusser or co-discusser of around 100 master thesis in the Engineering of Industrial Mechanical Plant.
Adviser for private and public bodies on circular economy, energy power plants, waste, environment, automation and safety fields.
Author of more than 70 papers on plants topics, of theoretical and experimental kind.
Partner of European project “E-USE (aq) – Europe-wide Use of Sustainable Energy from aquifers” Sustainable City Systems - Expected project duration 01/01/2015 - 31/12/2017
Member of working group “Waste to Resources” within SPIRE platform (Sustainable Process Industries through Resources and Energy Efficiencies).
Post Doctoral: From 2005 till 2010 on “Engineering of multiphase flow in industrial application” and “Waste Management”
Ph.D.: From 2002 till 2004: he got the Ph. D. in the course on “Engineering of machines and energy systems” of the University of Bologna, with focus on “Hot waste-to-energy flue gas treatment using an integrated fluidised bed reactor”
Dr. Princely Ifinedo is a faculty member at the Goodman School of Business, Brock University, Canada. He's currently teaching Information Systems (IS) and Business Modelling courses. He holds a PhD in Information Systems (IS) from University of Jyväskylä, Finland, an MBA from the Royal Holloway, University of London, UK, a M.Sc. from Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia, a B.Sc. from University of Port-Harcourt, Nigeria, and a Diploma in Education from University of British Columbia, Canada. His research includes IS adoption in business and human-computer interaction. He has won 6 Best Conference Paper and Best Track Paper at various international conferences. He enjoys teaching as much as he does conducting academic research. Dr. Ifinedo has authored (and co-authored) over 130 publications in reputable publishing outlets.
Jayant Trewn, ASQ Fellow, PhD, Lean Six Sigma Master black belt, Performance Coach and Advisor
Jayant Trewn is an Industrial Engineer specializing in Quality Systems design, development, implementation and management. Jayant has accumulated over a decade of experience working in healthcare organizations such as Spectrum Health Medical Group, Beaumont Hospitals, and service organizations such as Thomson Reuters and Lason Systems, where he built healthcare and service delivery process improvement programs based on lean, Six Sigma and PDCA concepts. He also worked for two years at Thomson Reuters working as Director of Quality Assurance, IP and Science division, managing the quality of acquisition of data for scientific research. Jayant has also taught Higher Secondary Calculus and Statistics at University Liggett School, MI. Jayant is a Robotics mentor and coach and he coaches high school girls Field Hockey.
Jayant has been teaching quality engineering since 1997 in his role current role of Lecturer at Industrial and Systems Engineering, Wayne State University and in the past as Adjunct Professor at Lawrence Technological University, Wayne State University and Oakland University, all in Michigan, in addition to giving quality engineering talks, seminars and workshops at numerous national and international conferences. Jayant has also served as a Research Analyst for Wayne State University, Center for Urban Studies and Office of Strategic Planning from 1993 to 1999.
Jayant has written three books, Kaizen Demystified (MCS Media, Inc.), Practical Lean Sigma for Healthcare Kaizen Demystified (MCS Media, Inc.) and Multivariate Statistical Methods in Quality Engineering (McGraw-Hill Education) and he has been published in international journals. Jayant is a Fellow of ASQ and he holds a Doctorate degree in Industrial Engineering from the College of Engineering, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA. He earned his MBA in Information Systems at Wayne State University and his Bachelor of Engineering degree from Madras University, India. Connect with Jayant at LinkedIn(http://www.linkedin.com/in/jayantstrewn)
BE - Mechanical Engineering - Madras University, India, 1978
MBA - Management Information Systems, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 1992
Ph.D. - Industrial Engineering, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 1999
BE 2100 - Probability and Statistics in Engineering
IE 6210 - Applied Engineering Statistics
IE 6610 - Introduction to Six Sigma
IE 7610 - Fundamentals of Six Sigma
IE 7270 - Reliability Estimation
James J.H. Liou
No. 1 Chung-Hsiao E. Road Section 3
Taipei, 10608, Taiwan
Tel. (+886) 27712171 ext. 2332
fax. (+886) 27317168
Date and place of birth: November 8, 1965, Taipei, Taiwan
Marital status: married, three children
1993-1996: Ph.D. in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of
1991-1993: M.S. in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of
1984-1988: B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Tamkang University, Taiwan
2010-current: Associate Professor
Department of Industrial Engineering and Management
National Taipei University of Technology, Taiwan
2008-2010: Associate Professor
Department of Air Transportation, Kainan University, Taiwan
2004-2008: Assistant Professor
Department of Air Transportation, Kainan University, Taiwan
2001-2004: Chief Engineer, Aircraft Certification Institute, Taiwan
1997-2000: Engineer, Aircraft Certification Institute, Taiwan
Publications in English Journals:
1. C.C. Hsu, Liou, J.H. James, Yen-Ching Chuang, Integrating DANP and modified
grey relation theory for the selection of an outsourcing provider, Expert systems
with Application (Accepted)
2. Liou,.J.H. James and Tzeng, G.H. Comments on “Multiple criteria decision
making (MCDM) methods in Economics: An overview”. Technological and
Economic Development of Economy. (Accepted)
3. Liou, J.H. James, Using rough set approach for improving airport service quality,
Transportation Journal (Accepted)
4. Liou, J.H. James, Chuang, Y.C., Tzeng, G.H., Using DANP to select an
outsourcing provider in the airline industry, Journal of Air Transport Management
(accepted, in press)
5. Liou, J.H. James, Developing an integrated model for the selection of strategic
alliance partners in the airline industry, Knowledge-Based Systems 28(1), 59-67,
6. Tsai,C.Y., Liou, J.H. James, Chen,C.J., Hsiao, C.C., Generating touring path
suggestions using time-interval sequential pattern mining, Expert Systems with
Applications 39(3), 3592-3602, 2012.
7. Liou, J.H. James, Tzeng, G.H., Hsu, C.C., Yeh, W.C., Reply to “Comment on
using a modified grey relation method for improving airline service quality”,
Tourism Management 33(3), 319-320, 2012.
8. Liou, J.H. James, Tang, C.H., Yeh, W.C. and Tsai, C.Y. A decision rule approach
for improvement of airport service quality, Expert Systems with Applications
30(11), 13723-13730, 2011.
9. Liou, J.H. James, Wang, H.S., Hsu, C.C. and Yin, S.L., A hybrid model for
selection of an outsourcing provider, Applied Mathematical Modeling 35(10),
10. Liou, J.H. James, Consumer attitudes toward in-flight shopping, Journal of Air
Transport Management 17(4), 221-223, 2011.
11. Liou, J.H. James,Tzeng, G.H., Tsai, C.Y. and Hsu, C.C., A hybrid ANP model in
fuzzy environments for strategic alliance partner selection in the airline industry,
Applied Soft Computing 11(4), 3515-3524, 2011.
12. Liou, J.H. James, Hsu, Chao-Che, Yeh, W.C., A modified grey relation method for
improving service quality of airline industry, Tourism Management 32(6),
13. Liou, J.H. James, Yeh, W.C., Hsu, Y.L. and Hsu, C.C., A service quality survey in
domestic airlines. Journal of Chinese Institute of Transportation 23(3), 289-314.
14. Liou, J.H. James, Variable consistency dominance-based rough set approach to
formulate airline service strategies, Applied Soft Computing 11(5), 4011-4020,
15. Liou, J.H. James, Tsai, C.Y., Lin, L.H., and Tzeng, G.H., A modified VIKOR
multiple-criteria decision method for improving service quality of domestic
airlines, Journal of Air Transportation Management 17(2), 57-61, 2011.
16. Chen, Vivien Y.C., Lien, H.P., Liu,C.H., Liou, J.H. James, Tzeng, G.H., Yang, L.S.,
Fuzzy MCDM approach for selecting the best environment-watershed plan,
Applied Soft Computing 11(1), 265-275, 2011.
17. Liou, J.H. James and Chuang, Mei-ling, Evaluating corporate image and
reputation using fuzzy MCDM approach in airline market, Quality & Quantity,
44(6), 1079-1091, 2010.
18. Liou, J.H. James and Tzeng, G.H., Dominance-based rough set approach for
customer behavior of airline markets, Information Sciences 180(11), 2230-2238,
19. Liou, J.H. James, Yen, Leon, Tzeng, G.H., Using decision rules to achieve mass
customization of airline services, European Journal of Operation Research 205(3),
20. Liou, J.H. James and Chuang, Y.T., Developing a hybrid multi-criteria model for
selection of outsourcing providers, Expert Systems with Applications 37(5),
21. Liou, J.H. James and Tzeng, G.H., Airline maintenance manpower optimization
from the De Novo Perspective. MCDM 2009 CCIS 35, Y. Shi et al. (Eds.), pp.
22. Liou, J.H. James, A novel decision rules approach for customer relationship
management of the airline market, Expert Systems with Applications 36(3), Part 1,
23. Lin, Rong-Ho, Chuang, Chun-Ling, Liou, J.H. James and Wu, Guo-Dong, An
integrated method for finding key supplier in SCM, Expert Systems with
Applications, Vol. 36, No. 3, Part 2, pp. 6461-6465, 2009.
24. Liou, J.H. James, Juang, M.L., A hybrid MCDM model for evaluating the
corporate image of the airline industry, International Journal of Applied
Management Sciences 1(1), 41-53, 2008.
25. Liou, J.H. James, Yen, Leon, Tzeng, G.H., Building an effective safety
management system for airlines. Journal of Air Transport Management 14(1),
26. Tsai, C.Y., Liou, J.H. and Huang, T.M., Using a multiple-GA method to solve the
batch picking problem: considering travel distance and order due time.
International Journal of Production Research 46(22), 6533-6555, 2008.
27. Liou, J.H. James, Tzeng, G.H. and Chang, H.C., A novel hybrid model for safety
measurement of airlines, Journal of Air Transport Management 13(4), 243-249,
28. Liou, J.H. James and Tzeng, G.H., A non-additive model for evaluating airline
service quality, Journal of Air Transport Management 13(3), 131-138, 2007.
29. Jang, D.Y. and Liou, J.H., Study of stress development in axi-symmetric products
processed by radial forging using a 3-D non-linear finite-element method. Journal
of Materials Processing Technology 74(1-3), 74-82, 1998.
30. Liou, J.H. and Jang, D.Y., Forging Parameter Optimization Considering Stress
Distributions in Products through FEM Analysis and Robust Design Methodology,
Int. J. of Machine Tools and Manufacture 37(6), 775-782, 1997.
31. Jang, D.Y., Liou, J.H. and Cho, U.W., Study of Residual Stress Distribution in the
Machined Stainless Steel Component, Tribology Transactions, STLE/ASME 37(3),
32. Liou, J.H. and Jang D.Y., Theoretical Analysis of Residual Stress Distribution in
the Machined Stainless Steel, J. of Math. Modeling and Sci. Computing, 4
His current research focus on configuration, organization, and optimization of the external (corporate networks) and internal (company) supply chain. On the one hand, he is interested on organization of distribution networks, as well as the joint optimization of transportation, storage and production of products within different levels of the supply chain tacking into account several kinds of uncertainties like as demand, forecast, lead-time, capacity, etc. On the other hand, he study the configuration of and optimization of production system . His research work focus mainly on the flexible and agile facility design, dynamic configuration of intelligent manufacturing system whit mobile robots as well as factory of future based on internet of things and industry 4.0.
|Full Name||:||Reza Tavakkoli-Moghaddam|
|Academic Rank||:||Full Professor|
|Department||:||Department of Industrial Engineering|
- Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, Reza, and N Safaei . "A new mathematical model for flexible flow lines with blocking processor and sequence-dependent setup time." : I-Tech Education and Publishing, 2007.
- Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, Reza, A Rahimi-Vahed , and A Hossein Mirzaei . "Solving a multi-objective no-wait flow shop problem by a hybrid multi-objective immune algorithm." : i-tech Education and Publishing, 2007.
- Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, Reza. "A Discrete Binary Version of the Electromagnetism-Like Heuristic for solving the traveling salesman problem and compare our computational." : Springer-Verlag, 2008.
- , H Panahi, Masoud Rabbani, and Reza Tavakkoli-Moghaddam. "A Comparison of three metaheuristics for a closed loop layout problem with unequal sized facilities." : Springer, 2008.
- Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, Reza, reza Ghezavati , Ali Kaboli , and Masoud Rabbani. "An efficient hybrid method for an expected maximal covering location problem." : Springer-Verlag, 2008.
- Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, Reza, Meysam Mousavi , and Hashemi . "A fuzzy comprehensive approach for risk identification and prioritization simultaneously in EPC Projects." : IN-TECH, 2011.
- Mousavi, Seyyed Meysam, Reza Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, , and Behnam Vahdani. "Hybrid Metaheuristics." Rome: Springer, 2013.
- Vahdani, Behnam, Reza Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, and Seyyed Meysam Mousavi. "Scheduling of trucks in cross-docking systems: A hybrid meta-heuristic algorithm." Vancouver: Tadbir, 2013.
- Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, Reza, Ali Husseinzadeh Kashan, and Mitsuo Gen. "Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing." Singapore: Springer, 2017.
International Advisory Board
International Advisory Board
International Advisory Board
Dr. MEESALA SRINIVASA RAO
Department : Mechanical Engineering
Present Designation : Professor
Highest Qualifications : Ph.D (IIT Kharagpur), India.
Date of Joining at GMRIT : 03/11/1999
Date of Birth : 31/08/1973
Contact Address : Dr.Meesala Srinivasa Rao
Alankar 10, GMRIT Staff Quarters
GMR Institute of Technology
Rajam, Srikakulam (Dist),
Andhra Pradesh, India…Pin:532127.
Permanent Address : Dr. Meesala Srinivasa Rao
Janda Street, Bobbili: 535558
Viziznagaram(Dist), (A.P), India.
Fields of Specialization : Reliability, Availability and Uncertainty modeling and analysis
of various systems and services of Mechanical and Industrial engineering fields, Ground
water modeling, Condition Monitoring and Fault diagnosis, System Simulation studies.
Current Areas of research: Reliability, Availability and Uncertainty modeling and
analysis of systems, ground water modeling, Operations Management Processes,
Optimization techniques, Analytical modeling and analysis of systems using soft
computing techniques, Fabrication, characterization, Testing and Reliability analysis of Bio degradable Polymers, Condition Monitoring and diagnosis of systems, TQM Processes.
International Advisory Board
Professor LIANG was born in April, 1962 in Hefei, Anhui Province. Upon graduation with a Master’s Degree in Computer Science and Application from Hefei University of Technology in 1987, he pursued his further studies in Automotive Control for a doctoral degree in Southeast University from 1988 to 1991. After graduation, Professor LIANG served successively at University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) as Deputy Director of Department of Management from 1992 to 1995, and as Associate Dean of School of Management from 1995 to 2004 (during which he was a visiting professor at McCombs School of Business, University of Texas at Austin from November 1997 to March 1998). He then worked as Member of the Party Committee and Executive Dean of School of Management in USTC from 2004 to 2013. He served as Member of the Party Standing Committee and Vice President of Hefei University of Technology since December 2013, and was appointed as President of HFUT in July, 2015.
The major research areas of Professor LIANG are data envelopment analysis, supply chain management and enterprise resource optimization. He acquired support from the National Natural Science Funds for Distinguished Young Scholars for his research and was nominated as Changjiang (Yangtze River) Scholar in 2009. Professor LIANG has presided over a list of major projects sponsored by the Foundation for Innovative Research Groups of the National Natural Science Foundation of China, the Key Natural Science Foundation for Joint Overseas Research of China, the National Key Technology Research and Development Program of the Ministry of Science and Technology of China as well as other government sectors and enterprises.
Professor LIANG has published over 90 papers in SCI and SSCI indexed international academic journals such as Operations Research and Journal of Operations Management. He has won awards from home and abroad, including the Natural Science Award and the Award for Distinguished Scientific Research Achievement by Ministry of Education, and the Award for Excellence in Management Disciplines by Fudan Premium Fund of Management. Under his supervision, many of his doctoral students have also reaped brilliant awards, such as the Highly Commended Award by EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development ), the National TOP 100 Doctoral Dissertation Award, Scholarship Award for Excellent Doctoral Student by Ministry of Education, CAS (Chinese Academy of Sciences) Presidential Scholarship and grants from the National Natural Science Funds for Distinguished Young Scholars.
He is also an editorial board member of many acclaimed Chinese and international academic journals, such as American Journal of Operations Research. Professor LIANG also serves as Member of Discipline Planning Panel of the National Social Science Foundation of China, Executive Member of the 2nd Management Terms Committee under the China National Committee for Terms in Science and Technologies, the Chinese Society of Management Modernization, Systems Engineering Society of China and Society of Management Science of China, as well as Vice Chairman of the Chinese Society of Optimization, Overall Planning and Economic Mathematics.
He is head of CHORDS (Computational Heuristics, Operational Research and Decision Support) Research Group. The CHORDS group's research mission is to explore and develop computational search methodologies and models that emerge from studying the complexity and uncertainty of real world scheduling, optimisation and decision support problems.
International Advisory Board
International Advisory Board
Dr. Biresh K Sahoo
Ph.D. (IIT Kharagpur, India), JSPS Fellow (GRIPS, Tokyo, Japan), Lise Meitner Fellow (WU-Wien, Austria)
Phone:+91 (0)674 6647 735 (O) / 996 (R)
- Microeconomic Theory
- Applied Production Frontier Analysis
Coordinator for Library Services in XIMB (since May 2013 onwards ...)
International Advisory Board
Mike G. Tsionas,
Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Athens University of Economics and Business.
Address: 76 Patission Street,
104 34 Athens, Greece
Tel: (++30210) 8203 338 (office),
Fax: (++30210) 820 3301
Year of birth: 1965
1994, Ph.D., University of Minnesota. Dissertation title: “ Asset returns in general equilibrium with scale mixtures of normals endowment processes ”. Advisor: Professor John F. Geweke.
1992, M.Sc. in Mathematics, Department of Mathematics, University of Minnesota.
1990, Master of Arts, Athens University of Economics and Business, specialization in Economic Statistics and Econometrics.
1988, Bachelor of Arts, Athens University of Economics and Business, specialization in Economic Analysis.
Associate Editor, Journal of Productivity Analysis , 2007-
Associate Editor, Journal of Applied Economics , 2005-2007
Associate Editor, The Internet Journal of Statistics , 2004-
Associate Editor, Global Business and Economics Review, 2003-
- Likelihood Evidence on the Asset Returns Puzzle, Review of Economic Studies, 72, 2005, 917-946.
- The Joint Measurement of Technical and Allocative Inefficiency: An Application of Bayesian Inference in Nonlinear Random Effects Models, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 2005, 100, 736-747 (with S.C. KumbhakarKumbhakar)
- Monte Carlo Inference in Econometric Models with Symmetric Stable Disturbances, Journal of Econometrics, 1999, 88, 365-401.
Department of Mathematics, Qazvin Branch, Islamic Azad University, Qazvin, Iran
- h-index: 2