Document Type : Research Paper
Department of Industrial Engineering, Institute of Technology, College of Engineering, Debre Berhan University, Debre Berhan, Ethiopia.
Productivity improvement is important for the sustainability of the business. However, before improvement it is important to measure the existing system productivity level. In this sense, the productivity of the case company has been measured by using the PO-P approach. Using this approach, the overall productivity of the case company has become 0.652. By having the ergonomic sub system and strategic goal of the case company, goal programing has been formulated to show by how much percent does the ergonomics subsystem alone will improve the overall productivity level. For this, it is required to have optimal solution of performance value of the performance objectives of the ergonomics sub-system. The optimal solution of the excel solver has given the suggested performance values of x3=1.035, x4= 0.82, x5=0.7, x6=0.8, x7=2.76, x8=0.75, x9=0.8, x10=0.5, and x11=0.4. Having these values, the productivity of the ergonomics subsystem became 1.492, in effect increased the overall productivity from 0.652 to 0.776.
- Kavita, & Kumar, S. (2020). A study of multiple criteria decision making (MCDM) programming in current scenario. Journal of emerging technologies and innovative research (JETIR), 7(7), 1266-1274.
- Rabbani, M., Khezri, A. H., Farrokhi-Asl, H., & Aghamohamadi-Bosjin, S. (2019). Multi-objective linear mathematical programming for solving U-shaped robotic assembly line balancing. International journal of research in industrial engineering, 8(1), 1-16. http://www.riejournal.com/article_83032_86d3efd6154e2de519080da958f67b88.pdf
- Khalifa, A. E. W. (2019). A signed distance method for solving multi-objective transportation problems in fuzzy environment. International journal of research in industrial engineering, 8(3), 274-282. https://doi.org/10.22105/riej.2019.193041.1091
- Fakhrehosseini, S. F. (2019). Selecting the optimal industrial investment by multi-criteria decision-making methods with emphasis on, TOPSIS, VIKOR, and COPRAS (case study of Guilan province). international journal of research in industrial engineering, 8(4), 312-324. https://doi.org/10.22105/riej.2020.216548.1117
- Colapinto, C., Jayaraman, R., & Marsiglio, S. (2017). Multi-criteria decision analysis with goal programming in engineering, management and social sciences: a state-of-the art review. Annals of operations research, 251(1), 7-40.
- Mokhtari Karchegani, F., Shirouyehzad, H., & Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, R. (2015). A multi-objective model for location-allocation problem in a supply Chain. International journal of research in industrial engineering, 4(1 (4)), 24-42.
- Kliestik, T., Misankova, M., & Bartosova, V. (2015). Application of multi criteria goal programming approach for management of the company. Applied mathematical sciences, 9(115), 5715-5727.
- Etemad, S. S., Limaei, S. M., Olsson, L., & Yousefpour, R. (2019). Forest management decision-making using goal programming and fuzzy analytic hierarchy process approaches (case study: Hyrcanian forests of Iran). Journal of Forest Science, 65(9), 368-379.
- Shen, C. W., Peng, Y. T., & Tu, C. S. (2019). Multi-criteria decision-making techniques for solving the airport ground handling service equipment vendor selection problem. Sustainability, 11(12), 1-40.
- Gaspars-Wieloch, H. (2020). A new application for the goal programming—the target decision rule for uncertain problems. Journal of risk and financial management, 13(11), 280. https://doi.org/10.3390/jrfm13110280
- Niyazi, M., & Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, R. (2014). Solving a facility location problem by three multi-criteria decision making methods. International journal of research in industrial engineering, 3(4), 41-56. http://www.riejournal.com/article_48006_5735a672268253a7f2fb3ee6aa8897e9.pdf
- Mubiru, K. P., Senfuka, C., & Ssempijja, M. N. (2020). A goal programming approach to resource allocation in geothermal energy projects. International journal of academic and applied research (IJAAR), 4(6), 50-53.
- Lakshmi, K. V., GA, H. B., & KN, U. K. (2021). Application of goal programming model for optimization of financial planning: case study of a distribution company. Palestine journal of mathematics, 10(1), 144-150. https://pjm.ppu.edu/sites/default/files/papers/PJM_Special_Issue_1_144_to_150.pdf
- Tekletsadik, S. E. (2022). Overall productivity assessment using the performance objectives productivity (po-p) approach: a case study. International journal of research in industrial engineering, 11(3), 214-223. https://doi.org/10.22105/riej.2022.320275.1273
- Ignizio, J. P. (1985). Introduction to linear goal programming. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage.
- Zanjani, B., Amiri, M., Hanafizadeh, P., & Salahi, M. (2021). Robust multi-objective hybrid flow shop scheduling. Journal of applied research on industrial engineering, 8(1), 40-55. DOI: 22105/jarie.2021.252651.1202
- Charnes, A., & Cooper, W. W. (1977). Goal programming and multiple objective optimizations: part 1. European journal of operational research, 1(1), 39-54.