Document Type : Research Paper
1 Faculty member of Academic Center for Education, Culture and Research (ACECR), Tabriz, Iran.
2 Department of Industrial Engineering, Karaj Branch, Islamic Azad University, Karaj, Iran.
The design of a repurchase agreement related to the amount of goods remaining in the two-echelon supply chain between the retailer and the manufacturer is examined. Two scenarios are considered quite separately; In the first scenario (decentralized) in which the retailer determines the price of the product and the optimal amount of the economic order and the producer is persuaded to follow this method. In the second (centralized) scenario, the goal is to maximize the profit of the whole chain, in which case the price of the product and the amount of the economic order are determined based on the profit of the whole chain. Then, a model of repurchase agreement related to the remaining goods was considered based on cooperative play and contract between two members of the supply chain, in which the goal is to maximize the profit of chain members. Due to the uncertainty of the competitive environment, the demand is considering under uncertain in modeling to determine the optimal level of cooperation in a competitive and cooperative market. The results of the implementation of this contract in a numerical example showed that the profit of the whole chain and the amount of economically optimal order in the centralized state increased compared to the decentralized state and the optimal price of the product decreased. Due to the fact that in the decentralized state the retailer determines the values of the optimal variables, the profit of this member decreases in the centralized state and the producer's profit increases.
- Wei, J., Lu, J., & Zhao, J. (2020). Interactions of competing manufacturers’ leader-follower relationship and sales format on online platforms. European journal of operational research, 280(2), 508-522. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2019.07.048
- Fan, J., Ni, D., & Fang, X. (2020). Liability cost sharing, product quality choice, and coordination in two-echelon supply chains. European journal of operational research, 284(2), 514-537. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2020.01.003
- Zhu, R., & Xue, M. (2019). Two-period pricing strategies in a two-echelon supply chain with conspicuous consumption. RAIRO-operations research, 53(2), 667-685.
- Tsuboi, T., Nishi, T., & Zhang, G. (2018). Analysis of leadership structures for two-echelon supply chains involving multiple risky suppliers. Journal of advanced mechanical design, systems, and manufacturing, 12(3). DOI:1299/JAMDSM.2018JAMDSM0070
- Yang, S. L., & Zhou, Y. W. (2006). Two-echelon supply chain models: considering duopolistic retailers’ different competitive behaviors. International journal of production economics, 103(1), 104-116. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2005.06.001
- Wu, C. H., Chen, C. W., & Hsieh, C. C. (2012). Competitive pricing decisions in a two-echelon supply chain with horizontal and vertical competition. International journal of production economics, 135(1), 265-274. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2011.07.020
- Esmaeili, M., & Zeephongsekul, P. (2010). Seller–buyer models of supply chain management with an asymmetric information structure. International journal of production economics, 123(1), 146-154. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2009.07.016
- Noh, J., Kim, J. S., & Sarkar, B. (2019). Two-echelon supply chain coordination with advertising-driven demand under Stackelberg game policy. European journal of industrial engineering, 13(2), 213-244. https://doi.org/10.1504/EJIE.2019.098516
- Leng, M., & Parlar, M. (2010). Game-theoretic analyses of decentralized assembly supply chains: non-cooperative equilibria vs. coordination with cost-sharing contracts. European journal of operational research, 204(1), 96-104. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2009.10.011
- Esmaeilzadeh, A., & Taleizadeh, A. A. (2016). Pricing in a two-echelon supply chain with different market powers: game theory approaches. Journal of industrial engineering international, 12(1), 119-135.
- Hou, Y., Wei, F., Li, S. X., Huang, Z., & Ashley, A. (2017). Coordination and performance analysis for a three-echelon supply chain with a revenue sharing contract. International journal of production research, 55(1), 202-227. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2016.1201601
- Zhang, X., & Huang, G. Q. (2010). Game-theoretic approach to simultaneous configuration of platform products and supply chains with one manufacturing firm and multiple cooperative suppliers. International journal of production economics, 124(1), 121-136. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2009.10.016
- Ke, H., Wu, Y., Huang, H., & Chen, Z. (2017). Pricing decision in a two-echelon supply chain with competing retailers under uncertain environment. Journal of uncertainty analysis and applications, 5(1), 1-21. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40467-017-0059-2
- Nematollahi, M., Hosseini-Motlagh, S. M., & Heydari, J. (2017). Coordination of social responsibility and order quantity in a two-echelon supply chain: a collaborative decision-making perspective. International journal of production economics, 184, 107-121. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2016.11.017
- Mahdiraji, H. A., Turskis, Z., Jafarnejad, A., & Rezayar, A. (2019). Non-cooperative two-echelon supply chains with a focus on social responsibility. Technological and economic development of economy, 25(6), 1162-1187. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3846/tede.2019.10719
- Malekian, Y., & Rasti-Barzoki, M. (2019). A game theoretic approach to coordinate price promotion and advertising policies with reference price effects in a two-echelon supply chain. Journal of retailing and consumer services, 51, 114-128. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2019.05.028
- Ghosh, S. K., Seikh, M. R., & Chakrabortty, M. (2020). Pricing strategy and channel co-ordination in a two-echelon supply chain under stochastic demand. International journal of applied and computational mathematics, 6(2), 1-23. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40819-020-0772-2
- Yadav, R., Pareek, S., Mittal, M. (2021). Stackelberg models in two-level supply chain with imperfect quality items with allowable shortages. Scientia Iranica. Doi: 24200/SCI.2021.51648.2292
- Yang, S., Tan, Z., Zhou, J., Xue, F., Gao, H., & Lin, H. (2021). A two-level game optimal dispatching model for the park integrated energy system considering Stackelberg and cooperative games. International journal of electrical power & energy systems, 130, 106959. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2021.106959
- Das, R., De, P. K., & Barman, A. (2021). Pricing and ordering strategies in a two-echelon supply chain under price discount policy: a Stackelberg game approach. Journal of management analytics, 1-27. https://doi.org/10.1080/23270012.2021.1911697
- Hong, M. X., & Meng, L. (2020). A Stackelberg Game for Retailer-Led Supply Chains Considering the Selling Effort in a Fuzzy Environment. International journal of applied mathematics, 50(4). http://www.iaeng.org/IJAM/issues_v50/issue_4/IJAM_50_4_15.pdf
- Yao, Z., Leung, S. C., & Lai, K. K. (2008). The effectiveness of revenue‐sharing contract to coordinate the price‐setting newsvendor products' supply chain. Supply chain management: an international journal, 13(4), 263-271. https://doi.org/10.1108/13598540810882152
- Mohagheghian, E., Rasti-Barzoki, M., & Sahraeian, R. (2018). Two-echelon supply chain considering multiple retailers with price and promotional effort sensitive non-linear demand. Journal of optimization in industrial engineering, 11(2), 57-64.