Document Type : Research Paper
Department of Industrial Engineering, Faculty of Engineering; Khayyam University, Mashhad, Iran.
Today, paying attention to the interests of suppliers in supply chain management strategies is one of the important points in the success of long-term and strategic relationships with suppliers. Not paying enough attention to these points sometimes causes irreparable damage to the overall structure of the organization. In response to this need, researchers have developed and proposed different models according to different approaches. This research has presented a special model with the approach of answering these problems. This approach, which is based on the Cuckoo Optimization Algorithm (COA), can solve the problems in multi-objective methods in addition to single-objective problems. This method based on the COA and the ε-constraint method named COA/ε-Constraint. The general approach of this method is to turn a multi-objective problem into a single-purpose problem, which is associated with increased efficiency. The model studied in this paper, with the aim of creating coordination between buyers and suppliers in the problem of supplier selection, is a three-objective model of cost, quality and delivery time, which is implemented to evaluate the performance of the proposed method. The results show the superiority of the proposed method over similar approaches in terms of creating a Pareto frontier.
- Cuckoo Optimization Algorithm (COA)
- Supplier selection problem
- Pareto frontier
- Hybrid method
- Aissaoui, N., Haouari, M., & Hassini, E. (2007). Supplier selection and order lot sizing modeling: a review. Computers & operations research, 34(12), 3516-3540.
- De Boer, L., Labro, E., & Morlacchi, P. (2001). A review of methods supporting supplier selection. European journal of purchasing & supply management, 7(2), 75-89.
- Goyal, S. K. (1977). An integrated inventory model for a single supplier-single customer problem. The international journal of production research, 15(1), 107-111.
- Toptal, A., & Çetinkaya, S. (2008). Quantifying the value of buyer–vendor coordination: analytical and numerical results under different replenishment cost structures. European journal of operational research, 187(3), 785-805.
- Toptal, A., Çetinkaya, S., & Lee, C. Y. (2003). The buyer-vendor coordination problem: modeling inbound and outbound cargo capacity and costs. IIE transactions, 35(11), 987-1002.
- Ben-Daya, M., Darwish, M., & Ertogral, K. (2008). The joint economic lot sizing problem: review and extensions. European journal of operational research, 185(2), 726-742.
- Thomas, D. J., & Griffin, P. M. (1996). Coordinated supply chain management. European journal of operational research, 94(1), 1-15.
- Tan, K. C. (2001). A framework of supply chain management literature. European journal of purchasing & supply management, 7(1), 39-48.
- Leung, K. N. F. (2010). A generalized algebraic model for optimizing inventory decisions in a centralized or decentralized multi-stage multi-firm supply chain. Transportation research part E: logistics and transportation review, 46(6), 896-912.
- Jafarnejad, A., Esmailian, M., & Rabie, M. (2008). Supplier evaluation and selection: singel sourcing with fuzzy approach. Human sciences Modares, 12(4), 127-153. https://www.magiran.com/paper/711900
- Razmi, J., Rabbani, M., Rezai, K., & Karbasian, S. (2004). Development of a DSS for supplier planning, evaluation and selection. Journal of faculty of engineering, 38(5), 693-708. (In Persian). https://jfe.ut.ac.ir/article_14312.html?lang=fa
- Razmi, J., & Rafiei, H. (2010). An integrated analytic network process with mixed-integer non-linear programming to supplier selection and order allocation. The international journal of advanced manufacturing technology, 49(9-12), 1195-1208.
- Moheb-alizadeh, H., & Faez, F. (2008). Multi-objective approach for supplier evaluation by multi-criteria DEA. Journal of industrial engineering, 43(1) 67-82. (In Persian). https://www.sid.ir/en/Journal/ViewPaper.aspx?ID=182558
- Jazemi, R., & Ghodsypour, S. H. (2010). Modeling of multi-objective supplier selection problem by simultaneously considering Buyer–Supplier’s profit. Advances in industrial engineering, 44(2), 153-168.
- Sarmah, S. P., Acharya, D., & Goyal, S. K. (2008). Coordination of a single-manufacturer/multi-buyer supply chain with credit option. International journal of production economics, 111(2), 676-685.
- Amid, A., Ghodsypour, S. H., & O’Brien, C. (2009). A weighted additive fuzzy multiobjective model for the supplier selection problem under price breaks in a supply chain. International journal of production economics, 121(2), 323-332.
- Ho, W., Xu, X., & Dey, P. K. (2010). Multi-criteria decision-making approaches for supplier evaluation and selection: A literature review. European journal of operational research, 202(1), 16-24.
- Moghaddam, Gh. (2007). Fuzzy multi-objective modeling for supplier selection in supply chain (Master Thesis, Amir Kabir University of Technology). Retrieved from https://elmnet.ir/article/10557943-15565/
- Shadkam, E., & Bijari, M. (2015). The optimization of bank branches efficiency by means of response surface method and data envelopment analysis: a case of Iran. The journal of Asian finance, economics, and business, 2(2), 13-18.
- Arakawa, M., Hagiwara, I., Nakayama, H., & Yamakawa, H. (1998, January). Multi objective optimization using adaptive range genetic algorithms with data envelopment analysis. 7th AIAA/USAF/NASA/ISSMO symposium on multidisciplinary analysis and optimization(p. 4970). https://doi.org/10.2514/6.1998-4970
- Gorjestani, M., Shadkam, E., Parvizi, M., & Aminzadegan, S. (2015). A hybrid COA-DEA method for solving multi-objective problems. International journal on computational science & applications, 5(4). DOI:5121/ijcsa.2015.5405
- Rajabioun, R. (2011). Cuckoo optimization algorithm. Applied soft computing, 11(8), 5508-5518.
- Shadkam, E., Delavari, R., Memariani, F., & Poursaleh, M. (2015). Portfolio selection by the means of Cuckoo optimization algorithm. International journal on computational sciences & applications, 5(3). DOI:5121/ijcsa.2015.5304
- Akbarzadeh, A., Shadkam, E. (2015). The study of Cuckoo optimization algorithm for production planning problem. DOI: 5121/ijcax.2015.2301
- Shadkam, E., & Jahani, N. (2015). A hybrid COA $epsilon $-constraint method for solving multi-objective problems. arXiv preprint arXiv:1509.08302.
- Borhanifar, Z., & Shadkam, E. (2016). The new hybrid COAW method for solving multi-objective problems. arXiv preprint arXiv:1611.00577.