Document Type : Research Paper
Department of Management, Zanjan Branch, Isamic Azad University, Zanjan, Iran.
Department of Management, University of Zanjan, Zanjan, Iran.
Major purpose of this research is identification and evaluating of effective factors on implementation of Green Supply Chain Management (GSCM) at Fanavaran Petrochemical Company by using statistical methods of Kolmogorov-Smirnov, mean and decision making method by topic SWARA (Stepwise Weight Assessment Ratio Analysis). Research methodology of present research base on purpose is practical and based on data gathering method is descriptive-measurement. In order to extracting the effective factors on GSCM at the company, in first, by literature review, 22 factors were identified. Then data were gathered by using of opinions of population members containing 55 persons of experts and senior managers in the first class of company. Finally, after analyzing the questionnaires and statistical tests above, 11 factors were confirmed and selected. In continues, in order to evaluating the final factors and ranking them base on importance in success implementation of GSCM system, the SWARA technique is used. Final outcome of this technique showed that second factor as “Designing products to reduce energy and material consumption, reuse and recycling of materials, prevent the use of hazardous materials in the production process” by most weight is extracted as the most important factor. Such, the factors of “Materials and compliance with the standards required for the purchase of raw materials” and “Procurement, distribution and reverse logistics” placed in next ranks base on importance. The factor of “total environmental quality management” by least weight is identified as last factor in implementation of GSCM at the company. In the end of research, it is proposed that organizations focus on environmental problem to acquire skill green environment advantage through green supply chain activities.
- Aghdaie, M. H., Zolfani, S. H., & Zavadskas, E. K. (2013). Decision making in machine tool selection: an integrated approach with SWARA and COPRAS-G methods. Engineering economics, 24(1), 5-17.
- Ahi, N. (2015). Investigating the impact of GSCM on sustainable competitive advantage (Case study of ISO 14001 Holder Companies) (MSc in Industrial Management, Shahid Beheshti University). (In Persian).
- Ajalli, M., & Asgharizadeh, E. (2016). Identification and ranking the key dimensions of lean manufacturing using new approach in gas industry. Proceedings of international conference on science, technology, humanities and business management(pp. 29-30).
- Ajalli, M., Saberifard, N., & Zinati, B. (2021). Evaluation and ranking the resilient suppliers with the combination of decision making techniques. Management and production engineering review, 12(3), 29-40. DOI: 24425/mper.2021.137685
- Ajalli, M., Mozaffari, M. M., & Salahshori, R. (2019). Ranking the suppliers using a combined SWARA-FVIKOR approach. International journal of supply chain management, 8(1), 907-915.
- Hu, A. H., & Hsu, C. W. (2006). Empirical study in the critical factors of green supply chain management (GSCM) practice in the Taiwanese electrical and electronics industries. IEEE international conference on management of innovation and technology(Vol. 2, pp. 853-857). IEEE. DOI: 1109/ICMIT.2006.262342
- Amani, M., Ashrafi, A., & Dehghanan, H. (2017). Assessing the barriers to green supply chain adoption using fuzzy DEMATEL technique. BI management studies, 5(19), 147-179. https://ims.atu.ac.ir/article_7098_en.html
- Mauricio, A. L., & Jabbour, A. B. L. D. S. (2017). Critical success factors for GSCM adoption: case studies in the automotive battery industry. Gestão & produção, 24(1), 78-94. https://doi.org/10.1590/0104-530X2267-16
- Aqeleh, H., & Hamidi, N. (2016). Identifying and ranking barriers to establishing the green supply chain in small and medium industries (case study of Qazvin province). Journal of business research, 20(80), 173-197. (In Persian). http://pajooheshnameh.itsr.ir/article_24068.html?lang=en
- Yadav, D. K., & Barve, A. (2015). Analysis of critical success factors of humanitarian supply chain: An application of interpretive structural modeling. International journal of disaster risk reduction, 12, 213-225. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijdrr.2015.01.008
- Fahimnia, B., Sarkis, J., & Eshragh, A. (2015). A tradeoff model for green supply chain planning: a leanness-versus-greenness analysis. Omega, 54, 173-190. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.omega.2015.01.014
- Feng, T., Sun, L., & Zhang, Y. (2010). The effects of customer and supplier involvement on competitive advantage: an empirical study in China. Industrial marketing management, 39(8), 1384-1394. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2010.04.006
- Ghahremani-Nahr, J., Nozari, H., & Najafi, S. E. (2020). Design a green closed loop supply chain network by considering discount under uncertainty. Journal of applied research on industrial engineering, 7(3), 238-266. http://www.journal-aprie.com/article_119686_0.html
- Giannakis, M., Dubey, R., Vlachos, I., & Ju, Y. (2020). Supplier sustainability performance evaluation using the analytic network process. Journal of cleaner production, 247, 119439. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.119439
- Govindan, K., & Sivakumar, R. (2016). Green supplier selection and order allocation in a low-carbon paper industry: integrated multi-criteria heterogeneous decision-making and multi-objective linear programming approaches. Annals of operations research, 238(1), 243-276. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10479-015-2004-4
- Micheli, G. J., Cagno, E., Mustillo, G., & Trianni, A. (2020). Green supply chain management drivers, practices and performance: a comprehensive study on the moderators. Journal of cleaner production, 259, 121024. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.121024
- Noorul Haq, A., & Kannan, G. (2006). Design of an integrated supplier selection and multi-echelon distribution inventory model in a built-to-order supply chain environment. International journal of production research, 44(10), 1963-1985. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207540500381427
- Dheeraj, N., & Vishal, N. (2012). An overview of green supply chain management in India. Research journal of recent sciences, 1(6), 77-82.
- Hosseini, S. A., Iranban, S. J., Mirjahan Mard, S. J. (2014). Identifying and prioritizing the factors affecting the green supply chain using path analysis. Production and operations management approach, 5(2), 161-177. (In Persian). https://www.sid.ir/fa/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=231569
- Hsu, C. W., & Hu, A. H. (2008). Green supply chain management in the electronic industry. International journal of environmental science & technology, 5(2), 205-216. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03326014
- Imani, D. M. & Ahmadi. A. (2009). Green supply chain management for a new competitive advantage strategy. Journal of automobile engineering and related industries, 1(10), 14-16. (In Persian). https://www.sid.ir/fa/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?ID=164293
- Ip, W. H., Chan, S. L., & Lam, C. Y. (2011). Modeling supply chain performance and stability. Industrial management & data systems, 111(8), 1332-1354. https://doi.org/10.1108/02635571111171649
- Jayant, A. (2018). An analytical hierarchy process (AHP) based approach for supplier selection: an automotive industry case study. J. Bus. Insights transform. (IJBIT) International journal of latest technology in engineering, management & applied science (IJLTEMAS), 11, 36-45. 7(1)102-114.
- Gao, J., Xiao, Z., Wei, H., & Zhou, G. (2020). Dual-channel green supply chain management with eco-label policy: a perspective of two types of green products. Computers & industrial engineering, 146, 106613. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2020.106613
- Zailani, S., Govindan, K., Iranmanesh, M., Shaharudin, M. R., & Chong, Y. S. (2015). Green innovation adoption in automotive supply chain: the Malaysian case. Journal of cleaner production, 108, 1115-1122. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2015.06.039
- Liu, H. C., You, J. X., Lu, C., & Chen, Y. Z. (2015). Evaluating health-care waste treatment technologies using a hybrid multi-criteria decision making model. Renewable and sustainable energy reviews, 41, 932-942. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2014.08.061
- Lotfi, R., Mehrjerdi, Y. Z., & Mardani, N. (2017). A multi-objective and multi-product advertising billboard location model with attraction factor mathematical modeling and solutions. International journal of applied logistics (IJAL), 7(1), 64-86. DOI: 4018/IJAL.2017010104
- Lotfi, R., Mehrjerdi, Y. Z., Pishvaee, M. S., Sadeghieh, A., & Weber, G. W. (2021). A robust optimization model for sustainable and resilient closed-loop supply chain network design considering conditional value at risk. Numerical algebra, control & optimization, 11(2), 221-253. DOI: 3934/naco.2020023
- Lotfi, R., Mostafaeipour, A., Mardani, N., & Mardani, S. (2018). Investigation of wind farm location planning by considering budget constraints. International journal of sustainable energy, 37(8), 799-817. https://doi.org/10.1080/14786451.2018.1437160
- Mansory, A., Nasiri, A., & Mohammadi, N. (2021). Proposing an integrated model for evaluation of green and resilient suppliers by path analysis, SWARA and TOPSIS. Journal of applied research on industrial engineering, 8(2), 129-149.
- Masudin, I., Wastono, T., & Zulfikarijah, F. (2018). The effect of managerial intention and initiative on green supply chain management adoption in Indonesian manufacturing performance. Cogent business & management, 5(1), 1485212. https://doi.org/10.1080/23311975.2018.1485212
- Saeedi Mehrabad, M., Aazami, A., & Goli, A. (2017). A location-allocation model in the multi-level supply chain with multi-objective evolutionary approach. Journal of industrial and systems engineering, 10(3), 140-160. http://www.jise.ir/article_44936.html
- Mohammed, A., Harris, I., Soroka, A., Naim, M. M., & Ramjaun, T. (2018, January). Evaluating green and resilient supplier performance: AHP-fuzzy topsis decision-making approach. In ICORES(pp. 209-216). DOI: 5220/0006619902090216
- Ninlawan, C., Seksan, P., Tossapol, K., & Pilada, W. (2010, March). The implementation of green supply chain management practices in electronics industry. World congress on engineering 2012. July 4-6, 2012. London, UK.(Vol. 2182, pp. 1563-1568). International Association of E
- Pantha, R. P., Islam, M., Akter, N., & Islam, E. (2020). Sustainable supplier selection using integrated data envelopment analysis and differential evolution model. Journal of applied research on industrial engineering, 7(1), 25-35.
- Li, P., Rao, C., Goh, M., & Yang, Z. (2021). Pricing strategies and profit coordination under a double echelon green supply chain. Journal of cleaner production, 278, 123694. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.123694
- Qin, Y., & Geng, Y. (2013). Production cost optimization model based on CODP in Mass Customization. International journal of computer science issues (IJCSI), 10(1), 610-618.
- Rao, P., & Holt, D. (2005). Do green supply chains lead to competitiveness and economic performance? International journal of operations & production management.
- Srivastava, S. K. (2007). Green supply‐chain management: a state‐of‐the‐art literature review. International journal of management reviews, 9(1), 53-80. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2370.2007.00202.x
- Song, W., Xu, Z., & Liu, H. C. (2017). Developing sustainable supplier selection criteria for solar air-conditioner manufacturer: an integrated approach. Renewable and sustainable energy reviews, 79, 1461-1471. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2017.05.081
- Lee, S. Y. (2008). Drivers for the participation of small and medium‐sized suppliers in green supply chain initiatives. Supply chain management: an international journal, 13(3), 185-198. https://doi.org/10.1108/13598540810871235
- Taghzadeh Yazdi, M. R., Amrollah Biuky, N., & Mohammadi Balani, A. (2017). Analyzing the relationships between green supply chain management implementation factors and ranking the organizations in the supply chain (case study: ceramic tile industry in Yazd province). Industrial management journal, 8(4), 555-574. https://imj.ut.ac.ir/article_62696.html?lang=en
- Chin, T. A., Tat, H. H., & Sulaiman, Z. (2015). Green supply chain management, environmental collaboration and sustainability performance. Procedia cirp, 26, 695-699. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procir.2014.07.035
- Tyagi, M., Kumar, P., & Kumar, D. (2015). Parametric selection of alternatives to improve performance of green supply chain management system. Procedia-social and behavioral sciences, 189, 449-457. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.03.197
- Vafaei, S., Bazrkar, A., & Hajimohammadi, M. (2019). The investigation of the relationship between sustainable supply chain management and sustainable competitive advantage according to the mediating role of innovation and sustainable process management. Brazilian journal of operations & production management, 16(4), 572-580. https://doi.org/10.14488/BJOPM.2019.v16.n4.a3
- Zhu, Q., Sarkis, J., & Lai, K. H. (2007). Green supply chain management: pressures, practices and performance within the Chinese automobile industry. Journal of cleaner production, 15(11-12), 1041-1052. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2006.05.021
- Zhu, Q., Sarkis, J., & Lai, K. H. (2008). Green supply chain management implications for “closing the loop”. Transportation research part E: logistics and transportation review, 44(1), 1-18. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tre.2006.06.003
- Zhu, Q., Sarkis, J., Cordeiro, J. J., & Lai, K. H. (2008). Firm-level correlates of emergent green supply chain management practices in the Chinese context. Omega, 36(4), 577-591. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.omega.2006.11.009
- Zolfani, S. H., Chen, I. S., Rezaeiniya, N., & Tamošaitienė, J. (2012). A hybrid MCDM model encompassing AHP and COPRAS-G methods for selecting company supplier in Iran. Technological and economic development of economy, 18(3), 529-543. https://doi.org/10.3846/20294913.2012.709472
- Olhager, J. (2010). The role of the customer order decoupling point in production and supply chain management. Computers in industry, 61, 863-868. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.compind.2010.07.011
- Koplin, J., Seuring, S., & Mesterharm, M. (2007). Incorporating sustainability into supply management in the automotive industry–the case of the Volkswagen AG. Journal of cleaner production, 15(11-12), 1053-1062. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2006.05.024
- Dubey, R., Gunasekaran, A., Papadopoulos, T., & Childe, S. J. (2015). Green supply chain management enablers: mixed methods research. Sustainable production and consumption, 4, 72-88. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spc.2015.07.001
- Kumar, N., Agrahari, R. P., & Roy, D. (2015). Review of green supply chain processes. Ifac-papersonline, 48(3), 374-381. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2015.06.110
- Masoumik, S. M., Abdul-Rashid, S. H., & Olugu, E. U. (2015). The development of a strategic prioritisation method for green supply chain initiatives. PloS one, 10(11), e0143115.
- Jayaram, J., & Avittathur, B. (2015). Green supply chains: a perspective from an emerging economy. International journal of production economics, 164, 234-244. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2014.12.003
- Mangla, S. K., Kumar, P., & Barua, M. K. (2014). Monte Carlo simulation based approach to manage risks in operational networks in green supply chain. Procedia engineering, 97, 2186-2194. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2014.12.462
- Luthra, S., Garg, D., & Haleem, A. (2015). Critical success factors of green supply chain management for achieving sustainability in Indian automobile industry. Production planning & control, 26(5), 339-362.
- Mangla, S., Madaan, J., Sarma, P. R. S., & Gupta, M. P. (2014b). Multi-objective decision modelling using interpretive structural modelling for green supply chains. International journal of logistics systems and management, 17(2), 125-142.
- Mathiyazhagan, K., Govindan, K., & Noorul Haq, A. (2014). Pressure analysis for green supply chain management implementation in Indian industries using analytic hierarchy process. International journal of production research, 52(1), 188-202. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2013.831190
- Muduli, K., Govindan, K., Barve, A., Kannan, D., & Geng, Y. (2013). Role of behavioural factors in green supply chain management implementation in Indian mining industries. Resources, conservation and recycling, 76, 50-60. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.2013.03.006
- Grimm, J. H., Hofstetter, J. S., & Sarkis, J. (2014). Critical factors for sub-supplier management: a sustainable food supply chains perspective. International journal of production economics, 152, 159-173. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2013.12.011
- Dashore, K., & Sohani, N. (2008). Green supply chain management: a hierarchical framework for barriers. Sustain. Dev, 5.
- Kotzab, H., Munch, H. M., de Faultrier, B., & Teller, C. (2011). Environmental retail supply chains: when global Goliaths become environmental Davids. International journal of retail & distribution management, 39(9), 658-681. https://doi.org/10.1108/09590551111159332
- Large, R. O., & Thomsen, C. G. (2011). Drivers of green supply management performance: Evidence from Germany. Journal of purchasing and supply management, 17(3), 176-184. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pursup.2011.04.006
- Diabat, A., & Govindan, K. (2011). An analysis of the drivers affecting the implementation of green supply chain management. Resources, conservation and recycling, 55(6), 659-667. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.2010.12.002
- Mollenkopf, D., Stolze, H., Tate, W. L., & Ueltschy, M. (2010). Green, lean, and global supply chains. International journal of physical distribution & logistics management, 40(1/2), 14-41. https://doi.org/10.1108/09600031011018028
- Holt, D., & Ghobadian, A. (2009). An empirical study of green supply chain management practices amongst UK manufacturers. Journal of manufacturing technology management, 20(7), 933-956. https://doi.org/10.1108/17410380910984212
- Gandhi, S., Mangla, S. K., Kumar, P., & Kumar, D. (2015). Evaluating factors in implementation of successful green supply chain management using DEMATEL: a case study. International strategic management review, 3(1-2), 96-109. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ism.2015.05.001
- Zhu, Q., Sarkis, J., & Geng, Y. (2005). Green supply chain management in China: pressures, practices and performance. International journal of operations & production management, 25(5), 449-468. https://doi.org/10.1108/01443570510593148
- Harris, L. C., & Crane, A. (2002). The greening of organizational culture: management views on the depth, degree and diffusion of change. Journal of organizational change management, 15(3), 214-234. https://doi.org/10.1108/09534810210429273
- Beard, C., & Rees, S. (2000). Green teams and the management of environmental change in a UK county council. Environmental management and health, 11(1), 27-38. https://doi.org/10.1108/09566160010314161
- Hosseini, Z. S., Flapper, S. D., & Pirayesh, M. (2022). Sustainable supplier selection and order allocation under demand, supplier availability and supplier grading uncertainties. Computers & industrial engineering, 165, 107811. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0360835221007154
- Jalaei Esfandabadi, S. A., Abbasi, F., & Ghasemi, M. (2012). The impact of oil shocks on green production in Iran. Quarterly journal of Iran's energy economy research journal, 2(5). (In Persian). https://civilica.com/doc/707621/
- Chien, M. K., & Shih, L. H. (2007). An empirical study of the implementation of green supply chain management practices in the lectrical and electronic industry and their relation to organizational performances. International journal of environmental science and technology (IJEST), 3(15), 383-394.
- Rebar, C. R., Gersch, C. J., Macnee, C. L., & McCabe, S. (2011). Using research in evidence-based practice. Understanding nursing research.
- Ying, J., & Li-jun, Z. (2012). Study on green supply chain management based on circular economy. Physics procedia, 25, 1682-1688.